Friday, February 26, 2010

review: Platoon

Another horrid Vietnam war film. I don't mean that the movie is bad, just the war and the story. It makes me so mad, so you know it has to be somewhat good. It horrifies me to think that this is based on the director's (Oliver Stone's) experiences in the war. Well, that is reality I guess. But I don't have to like it.
The movie is good, the acting is good, the feeling is just terrible. I'm sorry, I don't want to review this movie. I am so sick of Vietnam films.
Again, I don't want anyone to misunderstand me. I respect the films, the filmmakers, and the people who lived through such times, but I just don't want to see any more films about it. I don't want to think about it any more than I have to, and I certainly don't want to write about it.
Sorry. Again, I apologize.
I will say this about the movie: it is very highly respected. It was nominated for 8 Oscars, winning 4, including Best Picture and Best Director. And it is honored by AFI on both Top 100 Movies lists as well as on the 100 Thrills list.
2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment