Saturday, February 27, 2010

review: Lost in LaMancha

This has to be one of the most depressing Show Biz documentaries I have ever seen.
It started out well enough, with a humor about the whole project - even its downfalls. But then it just stops - and everyone seems to give up.
The story is about the making of a movie: 'The Man Who Killed Don Quixote' or rather, the non-making of it. From the very beginning things do not go smoothly, and it just gets worse from there.
This is a film I would have loved to see. But not so much the movie about not being able to make it. Like I said, the beginning is very wonderful and there is humor there and art and enthusiasm. I guess like life, that just goes away. On one hand, I can understand why they did that- because that is the story of 'Don Quixote' and the parrallel they wanted to make, but on the other hand (my personal preference), it made it a heck of a lot less interesting.
1 and 1/2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment