Wednesday, February 24, 2010

review: Lullaby of Broadway

This movie is just cute. Good songs, good dances, good acting, good comedy. Nothing extravagant or gound-breaking. Just fun. The cast is pretty good, and full with some wonderful characters.
So yeah, I like it a lot.
I've never really counted Doris Day as one of my favorites. I'ne only seen her in, I think, one other film. But her simplicity, I kind of like. Her characters are smart and funny, but not extravagant. She is dubbed as "the girl next door" and she really is. She's not a knockout beauty or extremely glamorous. She seems like the kind of person you could know. And so, you root for her.
This is a nice little movie. And I would love to see more of Doris Day and Gene Nelson.
3 and 1/2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment