Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Talk of the Town

Considering it was nominated for 7 Oscars and was incredibly popular in its day, I was rather surprised to I had never heard about it or read about it.
Its a comedy - but you wouldn't have been able to tell that by the beginning montage of the movie. I thought it was going to be a rather serious courtroom kind of drama.
But, once you get into it, you can see that this is an interesting comedy mixed with a nice hint of a drama.
But I can see why I haven't heard of it: its not incredibly memorable. Not compared to the classics. However it is a pretty good movie. A nice lesson on law mixed with a little romance.
I don't quite know why I don't like this more. I love Cary Grant and I like Jean Arthur, but this movie is just ... forgettable. I just watched it the other night and already I am lukewarm about it.
3 and 1/2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment