Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Review: Rooster Cogburn (& the Lady)

Wow. John Wayne and Katherine Hepburn. Wow.
I'm buyist, but I love it. I've seen bits and pieces of this, but never the full thing. I'm glad I did too. And there is nothing like watching a John Wayne film with my Daddy.
So, the first thing I noticed was a bit of a similarity between this and The African Queen. Just a few generalarities in the plotline. This movie is a sequal to the Oscar-winning, True Grit.
It was recieved ... moderately at the box office and critics didn't think too much of it, but it is a nice film. There are several moments which are quite funny. Hepburn and Wayne are both wonderful, but there is something missing from this movie.
Still, it is quite fun. A good watch, although I don't think it is one I would see over and over and over again. It's definately a "once in a while" movie.
I'd have to say - 3 and 1/2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment