Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Personal Things

Got some news tonight. Something of a personal nature. Not personal to me, but personal to someone, so the details will not be recorded on this blog. Protection of the innocent, I guess. More like respect for the privacy of someone.
But it shocked me. And I wish there was something I could do. It seems like there is a major gap between me and some people in my life. It is not a gap that any of us created on purpose - but I can't say that we all didn't help it along.
More and more I am coming to see the faults in myself. I don't like them, and I try to change them, but they are apart of me, and hard to get over. I do hate this about me: I have a lot of trouble keeping track of people. Keeping in contact. That doesn't mean that I don't love them just as much, but calling someone up on the phone has never really been something I was good at. I'm not comfortable with people in general, and even more awkward with something that is not face to face. A bad excuse, I know, but a reason nonetheless.
And I know this is selfish, but I can't help but think if maybe I didn't have this problem with reaching out to those people, than I could have been a better friend to them. I don't want them to think I suddenly have this fake concern for them. Now is not the right time, but I can only hope that I will correct these things. And I can only pray for them.

Okay, moving on. That aside. Update on life: the whole 28 Days thing is going well. Today was only my 3rd day, but I managed to get up, despite getting only a couple good hours of sleep - and it rained today. So, I walked like I should, but by the time I got back I was cold, wet, and tired. After a nice hot shower and at least an hour or so of just lying under the covers, I accidently fell asleep for quite a while. Well, at least I was well rested when I got up. Went grocery shopping with Mom and got all the stuff for our "make your own" Mexican night. I love it when we do that :D Dad came home and we actually (sorta) made dinner together. It was really nice. Watched a John Wayne movie :D Again, really nice. In hindsight, I re-realize how grateful I am for my family. I am so glad to be home.

Look for the movie review next and then an update on my Emily Post learnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment