Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Review: The Last Picture Show

I feel kinda bad saying this, but I don't really know why this film is on AFI's Top 100. I mean, it's okay. I liked the movie enough to watch it once, and if asked, I might watch it again. I wouldn't own it or anything. It just kinda is. It's a not so pretty portrait of people in a small town. It's a kind of coming of age story of two boys in this town. The mistakes and follies of youth, I guess.
It was an okay story, an okay script, okay cinematography (B&W which was unusual at the time), pretty good design, and okay acting. Nothing that I would say was amazing. This is kind of like a slice of life movie. It constantly made me think about Rimers of Eldritch though, so it was useful.
It just didn't impress me at all.
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment