Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Review: "High Sierra"

High Sierra: The movie that made Bogart into a leading man - and this was a breakout picture if you ever saw one! Also introducing Joan Leslie starring with Ida Lupino. I gotta say it: I love this movie! Basic Plot: Roy Earle (Bogart) just pardoned out of jail is back at work again, pulling a robbery of a hotel in California. He meets up with 2 fresh crooks who happen to have a girl with them (Lupino). I won't get into the story too much, because this is one you have to see for yourself! It is amazing! Bogart is at the best I have seen him (aside from Casablanca) and that is saying something! Really, I can't gush enough! All the actors are superb (for the most part), the story is top-notch, and some of the photography is really interesting. There is even an under the car shot, which is something I have hardly ever seen in movies from this era.
Wonderful! 5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment