Thursday, August 19, 2010

Quick Update.

Sorry folks, but I won't be able to be on Blogger much for a while. 'Why?' you may ask. Well, it's a quick long story.
My Hard Drive on my laptop freaked out on me. It needs to be "wiped" according to the professionals. So what does that mean? It means $135. if I don't want to keep any files and it means $250. if I do. So, that won't happen for a while. I may loose ALL my pictures in the process, so yeah ... trying not to think about that.
That aside: Playhouse is over. I'm too busy to be depressed about that, but there is the end of season sadness that lingers for a while after everyone has left. I miss them all - especially certain someones - but mostly I miss my job. One thing I will say about the Playhouse: I have never been happier than when I am working there.
I'm in job search mode now. I've filled out an ass ton of applications and I have an ass ton more to fill out. I hate those damn things. Hopefully one will lead to full time employment.
Theatre prospects: Although it is not official, I have been asked to direct BSU's TU production of 'Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead' SUPER excited about that. If it happens. Nothing against the administration of the group, but there is history of a lot of talk with no action. I know it is selfish of me, but I am going to push this to happen. They have the talent, the resources, and the capability. But I don't know if they would want me as their director. I've got some very definite standards that I would try and make them live up to. But I will say this, I have read the play over a couple times, and I am having trouble finding out what it is. What does the playwright want to do with this show? "Find An Identity" is a major theme in the show, but it seems like the show itself is trying to do that. I've read a lot of reviews and watched some clips and it seems as though every production is SO varied. There is no common element except the words being said. On the plus side: that makes for a lot of artistic input. So for now, I am just trying to imagine what I would want to say with it and how I would make it work. I've started a lot of research on the Peanuts characters and the show, so I am constantly thinking about it. Like I said: I am super excited! Hopefully this will happen, and hopefully it will be something they can be proud of.
What else? Not much. Staying with my friend Sarah until I can move into my new place. Sharing it with KD and 2 others girls. Don't know them, but we're all into theatre, so at least there is something in common there.
Like I said, I won't be available much, so reviews, Etiquette posts, and 'Rimers of Eldritch' thoughts are going to be put on hold for a while. Sorry.
Oh - and Sarah was nice enough to take some pictures of me. As much as I don't like me in them, of the ones I have seen, I LOVE the pictures. We're going to try to get some more, and hopefully I will get a new headshot out of the deal. Which is great because I kinda really need one. Look for those on her Flicker account and hopefully I will be able to post some when she is done editing them.
TTFN - ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment