Friday, June 17, 2011

I was going to do this quietly, but ... I'M ENGAGED!

I know I am very behind and need to update with a lot of other things, like the first PBP show of the summer, where I am living at now, Stephanie's wedding, and a couple different other things, but I can't wait:






I'M ENGAGED!


I haven't been able to stop smiling since yesterday.


I actually have to get going to a meeting this morning, so I don't have time to write a full report, but here are the quick and dirty details:

went to Northhome to meet Ahren's grandparents who are visiting from Indianapolis. He took me on a walk to a little secluded wooded area and got down on one knee. To be honest, I can't remember exactly what he said. My mind was racing.

Of course, I said yes.

I don't think I will ever forget the look on his face. It was almost the same look he had on his face when we shared our first kiss.

You know the best part? Its not the ring, its not the idea of the upcoming wedding, its that he asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. He wants to share his life with me. I never thought I would be so lucky to have anyone want this, but someone does, and its someone I love very much. I'm so happy; I feel like crying!

One of my favorite lyrics from my favorite show says "to love another person is to see the face of God" It's true. In my love for Ahren, and in his love for me, I have found myself closer to God - and I can't thank Him enough for bringing Ahren into my life.


I promise more will follow, but I just need to get some work things done before I have the time to update everyone on the rest of it.


Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment